I went out on a mission. And of course found things I wasn't looking for (but needed) and yada yada... so here is what else I found in addition to my list on my last post.
1. At my local grocery store (when I stopped by for some milk). In the clearance area.
- 5 big bottles of dish soap - marked $1.00 a bottle, but i had a coupon for $1.00 off on my next household products purchase so they were .80 each.
- 2 cases of delmonte corn and green beans for .40 a can (expiring in 2014!)
- Going back for the pumpkin pie and canned milk when they put it on sale after the holidays.
- 20 boxes of zip lock 1 Gallon baggies with Halloween designs on them for .50 a box ... (this was a seriously good deal!)
- 10 1 lb bags of red beans for .50 each. (i took them home and combined them in vacuum pac bags with oxygen absorbers cuz I wasn't really sure why they were on sale?)
2. At Goodwill, where I stopped by to get more blue jeans for my rag rug during their 50% off sale.
- 30 pairs of old blue jeans for $.75 each (my rug is over 10 x15 feet now for less than $50. and braiding it gives me something to do in front of TV).
- 20 thermal shirts for .50 each
- Drapes for .50 (I am going to make theses into an bed skirt and pillows)
- A pair of Ariat Riding boots in perfect shape $5.00 (i buy these all the time for $189.)
- 6 Pyrex baking dishes for .50 each
- A heavy duty oil turkey cooker And a propane burner and stand for $9.00 (the pan is huge and heavy duty and I can use it for double height hot water baths for cider... I "think" this is one of the first ones made because it is much better quality than I have seen in others? )
- a big washable rug for my mud room $3.00
Helpful Hint - I am suddenly seeing all kinds of useful prepper items in the clearance bins at grocery stores and big boxes... be sure to check them.